Discover Chargeback Reason Code CA: Cash Advance Dispute
The CA Reason Code is applied for transactions related to Cash Advances and/or Cash Over transactions excluding Discover Network ATM Transactions, when the buyer claims he did not participated in the Cash Advance or Cash Over transaction or such transactions did not complete as per his expectations.
Most Common Causes
- The transaction amount authorized by the cardholder is different with the amount of cash provided and/or posted to his account.
- Cardholder did not accept payment.
- Transaction posted even after proper cancellation from the customer.
- Merchant must respond to a dispute on this reason code within time frame, generally merchants have 60 calendar days from the date of chargeback notice.
- Accept the chargeback, if transaction amount is mismatched with order receipt and information posted to the cardholder’s account.
- Provide the transaction documents with cardholder’s signature that indicates cardholder’s agreement to the cash advance or Cash Over Transaction.
- Supply documents showing credit was issued to the cardholder’s account to fix the error.
- Merchant should not post wrong transaction amount than the amount agreed by the cardholder.
- Linda went grocery shopping and swiped her card to make the purchase. She didn’t realize and hit the option “yes” to the question if the amount was correct. Later she tallies her bill and cross checks the amount to find out that ten more dollars have been added to the bill. She therefore, goes ahead and disputes the charge with the help of her bank under the Reason Code CA: Cash Advance Dispute.
- George went to a restaurant with a few friends. Few days later, when he checked his account, he finds out that he has been charged more than he was supposed to pay after the split as he also has the receipt with him. He calls at the restaurant and requests them to look into it. The restaurant claims that they have charged the right amount but, George is certain that there is a mistake so he disputes the amount under the Reason Code CA: Cash Advance Dispute.
The Ultimate Dispute Management Resource
Download our comprehensive guide to reason codes, modifiers, time limits, and compelling evidence.