Reason Code CD: Credit Posted as Card Sale
The Credit Posted as Card Sale reason is valid for a Dispute Ticket Chargeback Request or Retrieval Request relating to a request by a Cardholder that the Cardholder was credited for a Card Sale other than a Discover Network ATM Transaction by a Merchant that should have issued a Credit or return to the Cardholder.
Most Common Causes
- The Cardholder repeated goods to the Merchant and received a commitment of Credit but a Card Sale rather than a Credit was placed to the Cardholder’s Account.
- This Chargeback occurs due to sales posting to the Cardholder’s account as a charge when the transaction has been a credit. The Chargeback may be changed by supplying the Transaction Documentation confirmed by the Cardholder indicating the Cardholder accepted to the Card Transaction.
- This Credit Posted as Card Sale Reason is valid for qualifying Disputes where the Cardholder requires to have been charged for a Card Transaction by a Merchant that should have issued a Credit to the Cardholder’s Account.
- If the Cardholder gives compelling proof at the time the Dispute is initiated, the Issuer may begin the Credit posted as card Sale Dispute as a Chargeback Request.
- If the Cardholder does not provide compelling proof at the time the Dispute is begun, the Issuer must begin a Dispute Ticket Retrieval Request.
- Transaction Documentation approved by the Cardholder indicating the Cardholder allowed to the Card Sale.
- Proof that Cardholder accepted the purchased goods and services and a Card transaction was completed correctly and Proof that a credit was made to the cardholder’s account to correct the failure.
- A description of the goods refunded or services returned and Date of return or promise of the refund or Return method.
- If Copy of Credit Slip or Sale Receipt reflecting Merchant’s sign of a Credit.
- A Credit authorization number if Card Not Present Card Transaction and Any correspondence from the Merchant ensuring a return or Credit.
The Ultimate Dispute Management Resource
Download our comprehensive guide to reason codes, modifiers, time limits, and compelling evidence.