Mastercard Chargeback Reason Code 4849: Questionable Merchant Activity
Mastercard has been issued a global liability shift program for ecommerce transactions. A chargeback is filed under this reason when an acquirer bank processed a transaction for a credit card accepted and later recognized in the list of Mastercard violation.
Most Common Causes
- The transaction falls under the Global Security Bulletin of Mastercard.
- The acquirer name, acquirer ID, merchant name and its location are lister in the Global Security Bulletin under Global Merchant Audit Program (GMAP).
- The issue is not resolved within time frame specified in the procedure manual and in security rules.
- The issuer did not report the transaction under SAFE within time frame.
- The transaction is not processed within the specified period in merchant agreement.
- If the first chargeback was correct and the acquirer bank failed to change the dispute properly, the issuer may continue the chargeback with the same reason code originally processed.
- If the situation requires any other reason, the issuer must process the arbitration chargeback using the proper reason code.
- If the acquirer bank lost data file requested submit the form found in the back of the procedure manual and security rules.
Email us anytime!
Email customer service 24/7
Call us anytime!
Reach customer care 24/7 at 855-465-4723