Chargeback Management: A chargeback occurs when a cardholder disputes a transaction after purchasing goods or service that fails to match its description. Not all of the cardholder’s disputes result in a chargeback.
Chargebacks are usually a security, provided to consumers to protect them from unauthorized transactions. Chargeback management is a must to enhance the security and validation of a transaction, as a merchant’s business would be at risk if the chargeback rate is too high.
Research shows that 85% of cardholders file dispute simply because they don’t have time to call the merchant and ask for a refund. This is also known as friendly fraud.
First Steps To Manage Chargebacks
This is important that you do not accept the chargebacks as a cost of business operation. Instead, you should grow in value and deplete, and eventually get rid of chargebacks.
There should be a plan and proper know-how of the chargeback. Some of the points are discussed below:
- Cause of the Chargeback: Review the reason and its code and notification details, you should know why it was filed and understand the concern of the customer.
- Is Chargeback valid or not? In case of fraud, why to accept the chargeback when you can fight it. Therefore, it is better to know about the validity of it.
- Customer service can work throughout achieving good results: Customer service is a key player in chargeback management and prevention of future disputes. Treat customer well with eccentric customer service.
- Seek external help if conditions get worse: An expert is a handler of situations and can benefit your business. You can rely on them as they take chargeback prevention guarantee and manage the dispute with the required resources.
You should have proper tools and techniques of handling a Chargeback, then only you can provide justice to the business regarding the loss due to chargeback or profit.
Email us anytime!
Email customer service 24/7
Call us anytime!
Reach customer care 24/7 at 855-465-4723
The chargebacks can be prevented by a few measures:
- Merchant’s error elimination: Merchant should be less or zero percent erratic in his approach while doing business. He should be very careful about avoiding silly mistakes.
- Tracked transaction: Transactions should be tracked and noted and eliminate ‘denied’ transactions reflecting in your bank account because banks will play a great role in fighting a chargeback.
- Delivery tracking: Tracking of the delivery of goods is very important, as the tracking proof will be shown mainly to the chargeback representment handler. You have another proof on your side if you track the goods. It will also help you with customer services.
- Informative descriptors for merchant’s and customer’s notification: Billing descriptions should be very informative as well as enter the name and contact number, email address and trade details in it. Chargebacks are highly subjected to friendly fraud, as they are most easy to get hands on.
- Provide support as best as you can: You have to concentrate on giving the support to the customer as 90% of the customers call when they are irate or have an issue. Bless them, if they are even calling for support or grievance just serve them because most of the people don’t even bother to contact and file the dispute directly.
- Take support from experts: The complexity of chargebacks is so profound that merchant will lose much more time than the business operations itself in the chargeback handling process. Let the experts handle the complexity and you concentrate on growing the business.
Do You Need Chargeback Management Help?
If you are looking for a Chargeback Management team then you can contact Chargeback Expertz. Start your project with us. We’d love to work with your business. Reach out to us at our toll-free number- +1 855-465-4723 or visit https://www.chargebackexpertz.com/.