American Express Chargeback Policy – Each card network has their own terms and policy to deal with the Chargeback and Dispute. The card network does not want their users to get involved in any fraud. This is why they try and build their system more secure from all kind of payment frauds. The American Express looks forward to the same goal. They have their own chargeback handling system and dispute management system.
If you compare American Express Chargeback Policy with the Visa and MasterCard. Then will see a considered amount of difference between the both. We will discuss more of it in this article. Moreover, if you are looking for the convenient methods to deal with the American Express Chargeback then feel free to contact the Chargeback Expertz. You can try the toll-free number or chat via Skype. Furthermore, we can also provide assistance with Chargeback Representment and Chargeback Management.
What is Chargeback according to American Express?
When a customer or cardholder put a transaction under the unrecognized category, it goes under the Disputes. After that, the bank investigates the claims of the customer. If the customer seems to have a valid dispute then it will become a chargeback.
Now the merchant can either return the amount immediately or present evidence to prove that the transaction is valid. The procedure can stretch depending on the case intensity.
What is the American Express Chargeback Process? – American Express Dispute Policy
According to the American Express Chargeback Policy, the American Express acts as card network and issuing bank as well. This means they have their financial institution to handle their credit card transactions.
- Once a customer initiates a dispute, the American Express reviews the situation.
- After checking the details of the transactions, the American Express takes on these steps:
- If the chargeback request is invalid then the cardholder get a message with the details.
- Otherwise, the merchant is been informed about the chargeback.
- Now the merchant can either give the instant refund.
- Or the merchant can also choose to fight and present effective evidence to support the case.
- The American Express will look after each step carefully and give the final judgment.
Important Details Regarding American Express Card Processing
- The Customer has a 120 days’ time frame from the date of the transaction to call for dispute.
- Moreover, a customer is allowed to put a transaction under dispute only 2 times.
- If the customer dispute a transaction due to it is not recognized then the American Express contacts the customer with the details of the transaction.
How can a Merchant Manage Amex Dispute?
If you are a merchant then managing chargebacks becomes as important as running the business. As per the American Express Chargeback Policy, you can try to manage chargeback by these steps:
- Reduce the number of chargebacks using the preventive methods.
- Respond to each chargeback requests as soon as possible.
- Keep a keen eye on the chargeback rate or chargeback ratio.
- If required, get an efficient credit card processor for your business.
For more information related to American Express Chargeback Policy, contact Chargeback Expertz at the toll-free number. We will get you an expert for the information you seek.
How can a Merchant Avoid Amex Disputes?
Every merchant should try to reduce the number of chargebacks in order to avoid any fine. Here are the methods that are highly recommended to reduce Chargeback.
- Firstly, make sure you explain the terms and conditions to the customer very well.
- Moreover, the return and refund policy should be clear to the customer.
- Install and follow the required security procedures for transactions.
- Make sure you understand the chargeback process very well of each card network.
Get More Details Related to American Express Chargeback Policy
The more you get informed, the more you will be able to avoid any chargeback issues. The chargeback rules of different card network such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express have different Chargeback Policies. You can get loads of information related to chargeback on the internet. But, if you are looking for the information that especially concerns your business. Then you can contact Chargeback Expertz.
We also provide specialized assistance to the Chargeback Representment and Chargeback Management to the Merchants. In order to get these services, you need to place a call at the toll-free number +1 855-465-4723 or chat via Skype.