Manage Request Copy Invalid or Illegible Chargebacks – The Visa has the reason code 60, which is applicable when the receipt requested by the issuer is invalid or illegible. The MasterCard reason code 4802 is there for the same purpose. In this article, we are discussing the Chargeback that can be caused due to Visa Reason Code 60 or MasterCard Reason Code 4802.
What are “Request Copy Invalid or Illegible Chargebacks”?
When the issuing bank asks for the transaction receipt to review and the provided transaction details are either incorrect from another transaction or illegible. This can be due to the merchant’s lousy behavior or certain errors.
You can contact our experts at Chargeback Expertz and get all kind of details related to this chargeback. Furthermore, you can visit chargebackexpertz.com for more details related to the Visa Chargeback Reason Code 60. However, a merchant can easily manage Request Copy Invalid or Illegible Chargebacks.
What are the Causes of Request Copy Invalid or Illegible Chargebacks?
Here are some reasons that can lead to the Visa Chargeback Reason Code 60 or MasterCard Reason Code 4802:
- The receipt and the characters on it are not illegible.
- The paper is torn or the print is faded
- This is not the original receipt of the transaction
There could be any other damage to the received transaction report. A merchant can reduce and minimize such chargeback by maintaining the records of the transaction properly. You can also contact Chargeback Expertz for the same services.
Email us anytime!
Email customer service 24/7
Call us anytime!
Reach customer care 24/7 at 855-465-4723
Steps to Manage Request Copy Invalid or Illegible Chargebacks
The Visa Chargeback Reason Code 60 and MasterCard Reason Code 4802 can be easily avoided and managed. Of course, a merchant cannot remove the chargeback entirely but they can surely reduce the chargeback numbers in their business.
- Make sure you take out prints on a white piece of paper.
- Also, check that the printed data is easily readable and the font is correctly sized.
- If you are low on ink or out of ink, then get new cartridge installed on your printer.
- When printing the receipt, do check the card number and customer’s signature are clearly visible.
- If you have carbon copied the receipt then check the printed data is clear. Otherwise, it can be rejected.
- Avoid using the crumpled paper or sun damaged input material for the printing purpose.
- Finally, you can also send a soft copy to avoid any physical damage.
As you can see, the methods to manage Request Copy Invalid or Illegible Chargebacks are very easy. Nothing can go wrong if you know what you want and how to achieve it.
Additional Information – Chargeback Expertz
If you are a merchant and facing excessive Request Copy Invalid or Illegible Chargebacks, then there is the list of documents that can help you fight against the chargeback:
- You can ask whether you can resubmit the copy of the order receipt again to the acquirer.
- If you know that you have incomplete information regarding the transaction then simply accept the chargeback.
In case you are looking for some specific information or want an expert to guide you then feel free to contact Chargeback Expertz. You can try our toll-free number +1(855) 465-4723 or you can visit the website chargebackexpertz.com to chat with one of our experts. We also provide support to the merchants with chargeback management or Chargeback Representment issues.