Writing a chargeback response is considered a time-consuming, labor-intensive process if this task is done on its own. Luckily, there are insider heads and quick-to-use things that can make fighting chargebacks easy and effective.
What is a Chargeback Response?
A chargeback response is simply known as a merchant’s response to a chargeback. If a chargeback is not valid— it might have not happened, hence, you have full right to respond and challenge the claims that are forced on you.
Think like this: a chargeback is the cardholder’s explanation of the situation and a chargeback response is basically your side of the story.
If your chargeback response is a captivating fight with proof that opposes the claims that have been made, you can overturn the chargeback and retrieve the cost that was lost.
Point to be noted: A chargeback response is also called a chargeback representment, chargeback dispute, chargeback reversal— but the motive and upshot remain as usual.
What Should Be Included in a Chargeback Response?
From your perspective, infirm disputes are likely quite easy to recognize, and it might look clear that they should be reversed. But from the issuer’s viewpoint, it may not be as detectable. And, demanding the bank to take money away from a cardholder is a very big deal — mostly if it is a considerable amount of money!
To be successful, you need to present the most captivating and irresistible case. You’ll need a professional presentation and most importantly proof to carry your argument.
What is Compelling Evidence?
Compelling evidence generally documents that make your response valid or otherwise contradict the chargeback.
The sort of proof required differs depending on the chargeback reason code. Below stated are some, but not every, examples of particular documents that could be used as proof:
- Verification codes (authorization, AVS, card security code, 3D Secure 2.0)
- Email conversations with the customer
- Digital usage logs
- Delivery confirmation
What Evidence Do I Need?
At Chargeback Expertz, we concentrate on fighting chargebacks, creating and winning chargeback responses at every attempt.
Our plan depends on years of the incident, a team full of experts and highly skilled, and a technology base that makes it very easy to inspect results. We’ve shown that if we include the following types of information in a chargeback response submit the amazing outcome.
- Cover Letter – Start the chargeback response subscription or package and serve the overview of the crucial data (learn more here).
- Transaction Information – Highlight interesting transaction information.
- Order Information – Divide data got from the cardholder while checkout.
- Proof of Service or Delivery – Show that you have given the goods or services as guaranteed.
- Order History or Customer Service Notes – Describe how you approached working with the customer to observe worries or resolve issues proactively.
- Website Images – Give them a visual simplification of the customer’s experience.
- Terms and Conditions – Assist the reader to recognize the rules and assumptions you’ve set down out for the customer.
Some Related Blogs
Know The Tips That Make it easy to write a Chargeback Response?
As you generate your chargeback response master plan, keep these things always in your mind.
Things to Avoid:
Your time and money are your treasures. Don’t misuse them on disputes that are not meant to be fought.
- Don’t fight a case that has already exceeded its life. Submission deadlines are hard; there are no abnormalities or extensions. If you react after the time limit, there is no scope for winning.
- Don’t respond to a chargeback if you are missing the required forms of proof. If you can’t carry your argument with evidence, your case will have a low chance of success.
- Don’t create negative ROI. If the amount you’ll recover is smaller than what it costs to generate the response, you approximately don’t want to fight the chargeback.
Things to Do
There are various advantages of regulating you’ll get rid of heavy tasks, lessening costs, and take back more costs by easily gathering compact submission deadlines.
- Only include relevant information. Don’t pressure yourself out trying to look at every chunk of statistics connected to the transaction, product, and cardholder. Stick to just the applicable proofs.
- Rescue your work. Every customer relationship is different, so each chargeback response should likewise be authentic. But it is okay to use some sort of general information over and over again, anyhow of the reason for the dispute.
- Know where to look for your compelling evidence. Documents, data, and information will come from a type of different sources such as your CRM, your payment gateway, your website, and your customer service department.
Which tools can help simplify this process?
We’ve given these tips to make you understand what it takes to make a captivating case. We hope they make writing chargeback responses a bit easier.
But as helpful as these resources are, there are technologies accessible that make the process even simpler and easier.
- Chargeback Report – Combine all your chargeback data into one portal. Be altered when transactions are disputed so you can respond immediately.
- Response Builder – Easily make dispute responses and protect your work to utilize again. Submit complete compliant cases with just a click of a button.
- Outcome Report – Check to see if your responses win or lose. Discover which strategies are most effective so you can optimize for future success.
Chargeback Expertz gives you all these features and much more. If you’d like the best results with less amount of effort and the greatest ROI, contact us today. We’ll logically incorporate these capabilities into your current chargeback response strategy.
Once you see how easy it is to fight chargebacks with Chargeback Expertz, you’ll think twice that how you managed for so long without it!